EAD and Etihad Airways is embarking on an exciting initiative of tagging and tracking the migration pattern of Flamingos using transformative technologies viz., IoT, GIS and mobile applications. The objective is to study these bird’s migratory patterns as they travel towards the Caspian Sea, identify areas of conservation significance and also preserve the emirate’s rich biodiversity.
- Live tracking of birds traveling path by installing satellite-based transponder (IoT sensor device)
- Birds migration pattern helps to develop predictive models on suitable conditions for Flamingo species
- Web-based GIS solution integrated with data feed of birds travel pattern for entire duration
- Highlight the Late Sheikh Zayed’s value for environmental sustainability
- The tracking data can help EAD to analyze the bird traveling paths and environment condition